Gear Oil Price In Nigeria:The most popular of these fluids is petrol or diesel depending on the engine type of your car but that is not all to the fluid requirements of a car.
Apart from petrol and diesel, which are essentially fuel fluids, other fluids include brake oil, gear oil, engine oil, and water.
Like any machine with a lot of moving parts, your car cannot do without some specific fluids to run effectively.
The most popular of these fluids is petrol or diesel depending on the engine type of your car but that is not all to the fluid requirements of a car.
In this write-up, we shall be focusing on the gear oil, the different brands, and prices.
What is Gear Oil
Gear oil is a fluid lubricant used in gears (gearboxes) for the reduction of friction and wear of the gear tooth surfaces, removal of the heat generated by the operating gear and corrosion protection of the gear parts.
It is a viscous organosulfur-containing fluid designed for use in transmissions, manual gearboxes, differentials, transaxles, and transfer cases in your car.
An engine with different systems powers the beautiful body of your car. One of these systems is the gear system and it has many metallic moving parts making contact with each other.
The consistent contact tends to produce friction (leading to wear and tear), and heat which can cause damage to the gear systems. The presence of the gear oil in the car protects these moving parts by reducing friction and transferring heat away from them. You should make the periodical change of your gear oil a priority.
From developing special Gear Oil fluid, It is usually called gear oil for manual transmission cars while it is called automatic transmission fluid for automatic.
You should make the periodical change of your gear oil a priority. This simple maintenance practice will extend the life of your car and save you from spending your money on costly repairs.
Also Read: Total Engine Oil Price in Nigeria
Important of Gear Oil to Cars
It is not just about putting Gear oil in your car, The oil must be of sufficient quantity for adequate lubrication of your car.
Lack of sufficient quantity of Gear oil can lead to the scouring, corrosion, scuffing, and pitting of important drivetrain components of your car.
With adequate and quality gear oil in any moving machinery especially cars, an optimal performance should be expected because gear oil helps again scouring, corrosion, scuffing, and pitting of important drivetrain components of machines and engines.
Consequently, your car’s performance will begin to dwindle and you will end up spending money on costly repairs. So make sure your car always has sufficient gear oil in it.
Related: Oando Gear oil price in Nigeria
Signs That Your Gear Oil Needs To Be Changed
Cars tend to show signs that your Gear oil is low or dew for change. These are some signs you will notice when your car is asking for a new gear oil or the Gear oil is not enough. The signs are as follows:
- An illuminated check engine light on your dashboard
- Burning smells
- Whining or grinding sounds
- Slipping or thumping transmission when you shift gears
- Dark or gritty gear oil
Things to Consider When Buying Gear Oil
Apart from gear oil prices, there are lots of other vital things to consider while looking to buy the best gear oil for your car. Not putting those things into consideration may lead to engine wear, Slipping or thumping transmission when you shift gears, and a burning smell, so on.
Things to consider while buying gear oil for your car are as follows:
- Car Brand and Model: The brand and model of your vehicle matter in chosing the best gear oil. some gear oil may work better for some types of cars than others. E.g. Using Toyota gear oil for Toyota Camry or Corolla.
- Gear Oil Brand and Type: The brand/ type of gear oil also matter in picking the best gear oil for your car. some types of oil work better for some vehicles than others. E.g. Using T4 gear oil for Toyota Camry or Corolla.
- Prices: Also the price of a specific type or brand of gear oil should also be put into consideration. It’s based on your location, vendors/stores you are buying from.
Prices Of Gear Oil in Nigeria
Gear oil prices in Nigeria are usually determined by several factors. These factors include the oil brand, quality, size, and type, as well as location and store/vendor.
With gear oil being one of the most popular and essential fluids in cars. There has been an increase in demand for all types of gear oils/Automatic transmission fluid (ATF) by several motorists.
The following are the prices of gear oil in Nigeria based on brands, types, and sizes.
Toyota Gear Oils Prices
- Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type T-IV 1 Litre — ₦7,500 – ₦10,000
- Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type WS 1 Litre — ₦4,900 – ₦7,000
- Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type T-IV 4 Litre — ₦23,900 – ₦31,000
- Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type WS 4 Litre — ₦16,700 – ₦28,000
Oando Gear Oils Prices
- Oando ATF Dexron II 1 Litre — ₦3,200 – ₦4,500
- Oando ATF Dexron II 4 Litres — ₦9,000 – ₦12,000
- Oando ATF Dexron III 1 Litre — ₦3,500 – ₦4,700
- Oando ATF Dexron III 4 Litres — ₦10,000 – ₦16,500
Honda Gear Oils Prices
- Honda Genuine Parts Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF Dw-1 1 Litre — ₦7,000 – ₦8,500
- Honda Genuine Parts Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF-Z1 1 Litre — ₦6,990 – ₦7,600
- Honda HMMF Multi Matic Fluid — ₦15,000 – ₦17,000
- Honda Genuine 50/50 Prediluted Long Life Antifreeze / Coolant Type 2 — ₦39,500 – ₦42,000
Mobil Gear Oils Prices
- Mobil Automatic Transmission Fluid(ATF) 220 – 1 Litre — ₦4,500 – ₦5,500
- Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant LS 75w-90 — ₦20,500 – ₦23,500
Addinol Gear Oil Prices
- ADDINOL Automatic Transmission Fluid XN LV Automatic Transmission Fluid (1 Litre) — ₦3,500 – ₦5,200
- ADDINOL Automatic Transmission Fluid XN LV Automatic Transmission Fluid (4 Litres) — ₦14,500 – ₦16,500
- ADDINOL Automatic Transmission Fluid XN LV Automatic Transmission Fluid (5 Litres) — ₦17,000 – ₦19,000
- ADDINOL Automatic Transmission Fluid XN LV Automatic Fluid (6 Litres) — ₦19,500 – ₦24,500
Abro Gear Oil Prices
- Abro Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF III (1 Litre) — ₦4,500 – ₦5,999
- Abro Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF III (4 Litres) — ₦10,500 – ₦14,500
Nissan Gear Oil Prices
- Truvalue Full Synthetic Nissan Matic-J ATF 1 Litre — ₦6,500 – ₦7,500
- Truvalue Full Synthetic Nissan Matic-J ATF 4 Litres — ₦17,000 – ₦19,999
Gear Oil Price in Nigeria-FAQs
How much is Gear Oil in Lagos?
1 litre WS gear oil price in Nigeria ranges from ₦3,500 to ₦7,500, while the cost of gear oil WS 4 litres in Nigeria is between ₦10,000 to ₦24,000.
How many types of Gear Oil are there?
While there are many variations, gear lubricants can generally be placed into three categories: R & O, antiscuff and compounded. The gear lubricant type that best fits a given application will be determined by the operating conditions.
How often do you change Gear oil?
Most manufacturers recommend changing the gear oil at 60,000-80,000 miles unless the vehicle is used for towing or off-roading. Then, the recommended time drops to 20,000-50,000 miles.
What gearbox oil should I use?
The Gear oil you can use include Mobil, Oando, Abro, Toyota, Nissan and Honda Automatic transmission fluid (ATF
With a lot of Gear oil and different prices as well as qualities in the market, picking Gear oil with the best prices may be a little frustrating especially if it is your first time changing your car’s Gear oil.
I think with this post about Gear oil price in Nigeria, I believe we’ve completely answered questions like – how much is Gear oil in Nigeria?
Keep an Eye on the market and you are bound to find Gear oil that matches your need or budget.