Price of POP Ceiling in Nigeria: Are you looking for the price of POP Ceiling in Nigeria? Or the best pop ceiling that will last longer with good quality material? I think you are in the right place.
Here we are going to expose you to the price of POP Ceiling in Nigeria. More so the advantages and disadvantages of using a POP Ceiling in our home.
Furthermore, Before you begin a building project, you should know the price of the materials that you want to use. POP ceilings are quite costly and this is understandable because of their design and durability.
In this article, we will discuss the price of POP ceilings in Nigeria. Along with this, we will tell you where you can get POP ceilings in Nigeria. So are you ready to know all the pieces of information mentioned above? Then you must not be lazy keep reading to get all your required answers.
About POP Ceiling
The term “Pop” stands for Plaster of Paris, which is a dehydrated form of Gypsum. It is available as a dry powder, which needs to be mixed with water to form a paste. The paste is then moulded to create different types of false ceilings like Recessed, T-bar, Suspended, etc., depending on the individual requirements.
With all these manufacturing and making processes, you can be sure that making a POP ceiling takes time, although the beauty pays off after installation.
Without a doubt, the POP ceiling beautifies a room and also makes way for more decorations, unlike the local asbestos ceiling where a plain painting is the only beautiful decoration that can be applied.
Many modern homes now use the POP ceiling system, which I believe you want yours too that is why you’re looking for the price of POP ceiling in Nigeria. Well, let’s see how much it may cost you to make a quality POP Ceiling in your house.
Also read: Price of Electric Fence Wire in Nigeria
Price of POP Ceiling in Nigeria
POP stands for “Plaster of Paris.” These ceilings have become very popular in Nigeria as most builders like to use POP for their finishing.
So how much does POP Ceiling cost? We took some market survey to find out the full prices of these materials. After our survey, we discovered that it is difficult to get a specific price for the POP Ceiling.
Several factors affect the cost of POP ceilings in Nigeria. Some of them include:
- Transportation costs
- Cost of raw materials
On average, the current cost of POP ceilings in Nigeria today is between the price range of ₦5,000 – ₦8,000 per square metre. Going by this, it may cost you at least ₦70,000 to install a POP ceiling in a single room.
Please keep in mind that putting a definite pricing estimate for POP ceilings is difficult since there are numerous POP vendors or contractors across the country, each with its own set of costs.
Advantages of POP Ceiling
Why should you make use of POP ceilings? Here are some of the advantages that POP ceilings bring to the table:
- It is light in weight and durable
- It has a low thermal conductivity
- Plaster of Paris (POP) is resistant to fire
- It is a heat-insulating material
- POP does not shrink while setting. Therefore, it does not develop cracks on heating or setting
- It forms a thick surface to resist normal knocks after drying
- It mixes up easily with water and is easy to spread and level
- POP has good adhesion on fibrous materials
- It gives a firm surface on which the colours can settle
- It has no appreciable chemical action on paint and does not cause alkali attack
- The plaster of Paris gives a decorative interior finish. Its gypsum content provides it with a lot of shine and smoothness
- It can easily be moulded into any shape
- Once it is fixed, it is fixed. It becomes very difficult to remove POP.
All these are the main reasons why people use the POP ceiling. Apart from the decorations, plaster of Paris (POP) looks more classic than local ceiling systems like asbestos.
please Read: Cost of Foundation for 3-Bedroom Flat in Nigeria
Disadvantages of POP Ceiling
Like they usually say, “Everything with an advantage has disadvantages”, now what are the downsides I’m using a POP ceiling?
- It is not suitable for moist environments
- Plaster of Paris cannot be mixed with cement
- Gypsum plaster is not suitable for exterior finish as it is slightly soluble in water
- Plaster of Paris is very expensive compared to Gypsum
- It is more expensive than cement or cement lime plaster.
- The material used is chlorine which is very dangerous in its natural state
- They are not so solid so if something heavy is hanged with the ceiling, it can damage the ceiling as well as the object
- It can only be fixed by experts, hence very expensive for precise application and thus labour cost for applying plaster of Paris is high
- If they are not maintained well i.e. if regular cleaning is not there, POP false ceiling can be home for many spiders and other insects.
Things to Consider While Buying POP Ceiling
Now that you know the POP ceiling price in Nigeria, as well as the advantages and disadvantages, of getting the best types, here are some things to take into consideration.
Usually, contractors come with different quotations based on the sizes of the house and materials. With the cost of the POP ceiling provided for you here, you should be able to know the price range of the POP Ceiling when planning on using the POP Ceiling.
It is ideal to first know if it suits your projects, Before budgeting for the POP ceiling. Although POP fits many modern homes and adds more beauty to the interior of a building, it may be the other way around for some buildings. So, be sure to contact a contractor to know if you can use a POP ceiling for your project.
Since POP is a modern ceiling system, it requires skilful professionals and experts in the job to install POP ceilings. So you need to take into consideration the contractors you’ll hire to get the best and most satisfying job done.
Usually, some bricklayers claim they can install POPs, but they end up with a terrible outcome. You would want to by all means avoid such people. That means it would be best to hire a good contractor that can give you a good job.
Price of POP Ceiling in Nigeria FAQs
How much is pop per square meter in Nigeria?
A square meter of POP ceiling could cost anything from ₦5,000 to ₦8,000 in Nigeria.
What is a Pop ceiling price per room in Nigeria?
The cost of installing a pop ceiling per room in Nigeria is at least ₦70,000 because of the inflation rate in material that is needed for the work.
What is the cost of the POP ceiling for 2-bedroom flats in Nigeria?
Installing pop ceilings in a 2-bedroom flat in Nigeria could cost at least between ₦250,000 to ₦300,000
POP ceilings help beautify and also open room for more decorations in a building, that’s why it is commonly used in modern houses these days.
With this article, I believe you’ve known the price of a POP ceiling in Nigeria and how much it would cost to install a POP ceiling per square meter, in a room, as well as a whole building in Nigeria.
More so, you have also know the advantages and disadvantages of using POP Ceiling in our houses.